Managing your range of suppliers must respect certain rules and can generate significant purchasing cost reductions. Streamlining and creating economies of scale are concepts that need to be at the heart of your strategy.
Thanks to the data and the reliability of your third-party suppliers, you have an overview of your third-party portfolio, their weighting in your budget and your level of dependence. Certain ratios lead you to streamline and creating economies of scale.
Streamlining consists of reducing your supplier base, by identifying which productions you could transfer to other suppliers. These may be major or growing suppliers. The main objective is of course a larger budget and a stronger negotiating position for your buyers. Streamlining will also allow for better management of these third parties. But beware of the level of dependence! Having 30% of business volume with one supplier means a high degree of dependence and precise management via data is essential.
Purchasing portals and their power in terms of cost can present an interesting tactic, particularly for non-production purchases (NPRM: Not Production Reach Management) which can be pooled.
Managing the supplier base effectively therefore depends on the type of suppliers (Production or Non-Production) and the planned dependency strategy.
"*" indicates required fields
Get in touch with one of our expert Purchasing advisors to jointly carry out the risk diagnosis on your supplier portfolio, and discover Altares’ responses to your Purchasing compliance issues.
Altares supports its customers in the analysis and segmentation of their supplier panel.
Altares supports its clients in the analysis and segmentation of the French market.
indueD facilitates your due diligence, for an optimised compliance of your business relations portfolio. Integrating the latest compliance regulations and thanks to dynamic data visualisation, indueD makes your compliance issues a reliable, simple and fast process. indueD is aimed at all sectors of activity exposed to compliance issues: banking & insurance, industry, distribution, etc., and more particularly at resource and purchasing departments.
Do you need quick access to official company documents ? You need to be sure of the origin of the document? It’s easy with inDoc!
Simply place your order, via the DUNS Number (or via a manual search) inDoc provides you with official company documents, by email, in less than 1 hour* in a large number of countries, facilitating your due diligence.
KYC, KYV, KYB, search for beneficial owners, screening of sanction lists: D&B Onboard helps you to cope with the increasing complexity of compliance obligations (including due diligence).
D&B Onboard simplifies your compliance procedures and saves you time on your audits in the face of changing regulations and obligations.
The DunTrade member-only payment behaviour analysis platform gives you an exclusive view of the Paydex, an index of your third party’s payment behaviour, allowing you to:
• Identify customers who pay you late, yet pay other vendors’ invoices on time.
• Also identify customers who pay all their suppliers late and who therefore seem to be in difficulty.
• To anticipate these risks well in advance of default, in order to support your customers in difficulty, while securing your outstandings.
Online platform dedicated to your business development in France
• Identify your prospects by crossing identity criteria, business indicators, web data, geolocation and your own data
• Search for a company and get a complete view (capital tree, decision-makers, financial data, etc.)
• Segment your targets
• Export the decision makers to carry out your marketing campaigns
D&B Direct+ allows you to integrate D&B data into your CRM, SRM or ERP. This data and its analyses are constantly updated, allowing you to :
• make your third-party data repository more reliable (customers, prospects, suppliers),
• have reliable and updated data with each change,
• save time by integrating your data into your applications,
• follow easily and in real time the evolutions of your third parties.
Integrate and optimise the management and reliability of your third parties in SAP® :
• control your data repository thanks to the most reliable and exhaustive data from the D&B database,
• get daily updated information,
• integrated directly into your business applications.